Healthy Brown Rice Krispies

Last week, I was challenged to make healthy Rice Krispie Treats. And so, I looked through my pantry and found some really great ingredients.  Some items I always try to have on hand are:
  • Nut butters: Cashew, almond, sunflower seed butter, and I try to get them freshly ground from like a Safeway or Whole Foods.
  • Unsweetened coconut flakes, this goes great in cookies, cakes, oatmeal, and especially rice krispies.
  • Vegan marshmallows, because well, let's face it, you can put those in everything.
Also, check out my first Vine!
Ingredients:
  • 2 cups brown rice cereal
  • 1 cup vegan marshmallows, some extra left over
  • 1/4 cup cashew butter
  • 1/4 cup sunflower seed butter
  • 1 tbsp honey
  • 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • optional: sprinkles 
Steps:
  1. In a bowl, mix marshmallows, nut butters, honey, coconut flakes, and vanilla extract.
  2. Microwave everything for 30 seconds, at 10 second intervals and stirring between heating.
  3. In a large bowl, mix brown rice cereal and marshmallow, butter mixture until well mixed.
  4. Press rice krispies in a pan and place in refrigerator for at least 2 hours to overnight. 
Please enjoy it as much as I did. They are pretty addicting! 

No comments

Post a Comment

© Jillian Does Food
Maira Gall