Makes 6 patties (i.e. 6 lettuce wraps)
- 1/2 can of chickpeas, drained
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots (I like to buy the pre shredded carrots at the store)
- 1/2 cup of sweet potato, cooked (I microwaved my sweet potato and then took the inside out)
- 2 tsp salt, pepper, and garlic powder (I like powder because it spreads the flavor across the whole patty)
- Green cabbage, leaves taken off
- Dole Asian lettuce blend
- Sliced cucumbers
- Sauce: Asian bottled dressing, or wasabi dressing works nicely. To make your own: I added 1 tbsp tahini (or sun butter I like) with 1 tsp olive oil, salt, pepper, water, lemon juice, and garlic powder.
- Smash (no blender) the chickpeas in a medium sized bowl. Add in carrots, potato, and seasoning.
- Meanwhile, heat up 2 tsp olive oil in a skillet.
- Take spoonfuls of your mixture to form patties and place on skillet.
- Cook each side for about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, fill your lettuce wraps with veggies.
- When patties are done, place in your lettuce wraps.
- Top with sauce or salad dressing.
Linked up at: