Kale and Sweet Potato Breakfast Quiche (Gluten Free)


I've been really tired of drinking shakes for breakfast, and I am also kind of lazy when it comes to cooking before work. So, Sunday night, I made this quiche that in all actuality should last me for the entire week. But then I tasted it, and I can definitely see it going a lot quick than I thought! 

Kale and Sweet Potato Breakfast Quiche
Serves: 5 (or 1 eaten every morning of the work week)
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 30-40 minutes
Fresh From The Garden: Kale, Rosemary, Parsley, Dill, Basil

Ingredients:
1/2 sweet potato sliced thinly
5 eggs
1 cup kale
2 tbsp medley of fresh herbs, chopped (see above)
1/4 cup cheddar cheese
pinch of salt (I love my truffle salt) and pepper
1/2 sweet onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 tsp olive oil

1. Preheat oven to 350
2. In a saute pan, heat oil on medium heat
3. Add onion and garlic until onion is clear/translucent (5-7 minutes)
4. Then, add Kale and saute for another 5 minutes
5. Spray pie pan with Pam and then layer the bottom of the pan with the sweet potato slices
6. In a mixing bowl, mix herbs, eggs, cheese, salt, and onion mixture and mix
7. Pour egg mixture on top of the sweet potato layer
8. Bake in oven for 30-40 minutes or until egg is completely cooked







No comments

Post a Comment

© Jillian Does Food
Maira Gall