- 2 cups chopped butternut squash (you can chop it yourself or buy it pre-chopped at the grocery store; I've seen them available at Trader Joe's)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- salt and pepper, garlic powder, ginger powder to taste
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1-2 tbsp raw ginger
- Handful of crystallized ginger
- In a large saucepan, add your coconut oil on medium-high heat.
- When oil is hot, add in 1 minced garlic clove, chopped onions, and chopped squash. Season with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and powdered ginger to taste. Cook on low-medium heat, covered, for about 15-20 minutes, or until squash is tender.
- Immediately add your squash and onion mix into a blender or food processor.
- Add in your 2 other garlic cloves (no need to mince), and coconut milk. Start by adding in 1 tbsp of ginger, blend, and taste. If there's not enough ginger for you, add more. If you're good with that amount, stop. Keep adding a little more and more and blend. I like ginger, so I used the full 2 tbsp.
- After you've blended your soup, place in sexy bowl. Top with crystallized ginger for garnish. Then mix in the crystallized ginger when you're ready to eat. Each bite has a really nice, sweet, but also gingery taste.
Linked up at:
The Best Blog Recipes