Eat More Rabbit Food

I tried something new the other day. I wanted to really focus in on what I was putting in my body and how much of it I was putting in there. So for one full day, I used my brand new Lunchbot as a guidance for how much food to eat per meal. Since the boxes are pretty small, it was perfect for portion control.
I also, referred to the Rabbit Food for my Bunny Teeth food pyramid when planning out my meals. I obviously love making extravagant and out of the box meals, so I wouldn't do this every day, but it was really easy to follow. If you are in need of a day or a week to get yourself and your meals on track, I HIGHLY recommend this method.

First, she outlines what you should be eating each meal. And then she goes more in depth with examples of what each food is.
Here's what I made last Tuesday:


Breakfast
From left to right
Compartment 1: Cooked egg white with a small amount of rice cheese, with a pinch of hemp and flax seeds. Also 1 1/2 tsp of raw cashew butter.
Compartment 2: Black rice with unsweetened coconut flakes, topped with dried dates.
Compartment 3: Pear slices.

Lunch
From left to right
Compartment 1: Slices of whole wheat, gluten free bread.
Compartment 2: Avocado slices.
Compartment 3: Carrot matchstick slices with a hard-boiled egg.
I was in the mood for soda, so in our work kitchen, I got soda water and mixed some cranberry juice with it.
 
Dinner
From left to right
Compartment 1: Fresh sweet potato topped with cinnamon. Also, some freshly boiled spinach seasoned with salt.
Compartment 2: The same black rice and coconut from breakfast (it was easier than making a new who grain). Also, some canned pinto beans seasoned with salt and pepper.
Compartment 3: Sliced avocados.

Snack
For a snack (which I forgot to take a picture), I had sliced apples, with cashew butter, 1/2 of an English muffin and some cheese.

All in all, it was a great day for food. Whatever could fit in the Lunchbot, I ate- if it didn't fit, it didn't go in my mouth. I think that's a pretty good rule, no?

Anyway, check out the pyramid, and get your Lunchbot (or a lunchbox with compartments). It will change your life.

1 comment

  1. Great rule. But I think I would starve. It would take awhile for me to get to the level of little bits of eating like you.
    Visiting from SITS Sharefest. Following you on Bloglovin', Pinterest, and facebook.
    Barbara @ www.allmylivesnow.com

    ReplyDelete

© Jillian Does Food
Maira Gall